Many have questioned whether detox diets are healthy or harmful.
However, if done responsibly, the natural way could be just the solution you need.
Here are some tips to help kick-start your body. You will not only feel more energized, you could also lose some weight in the process.
- Drink more water: Increase water intake to flush out toxins and prevent constipation.
- Less is more: Cut out caffeine, alcohol and smoking and try to minimize your intake of sugar, salt, wheat, dairy, meat and processed foods for a few days.
- A green cup of tea: Consume more herbal teas for healing energy and antioxidant power.
- Veggie juice: Drink 1-2 glasses of raw vegetable juice daily. This is to introduce live enzymes into your body to help enhance and nourish your cells. The nutrients in the veggies are also preserved, because you are drinking them raw.
- Nature’s treats. Eat a diet of only natural, non-processed foods, always asking yourself the question, “Is this from a tree or a factory?” Stick to as many raw food options as possible.
- Go organic. Choose organic foods over regular foods to prevent ingesting hormones, insecticides, pesticides and antibiotics that are often found in mass-produced foods