A simple twist on the usual Basmati Rice recipe that is very easy and fast to make but will give your dish a unique taste. Use it as a side dish or main dish by adding chicken, meat or fish with it.
- 1 Cup of Abukass Rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh curly parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh scallions, white and green parts
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Combine the rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the salt, and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat to low, stir once, and simmer, covered tightly, for 15 minutes. Pull the pot half off the burner to keep it from boiling over. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes.
Add the parsley, dill, scallions, and pepper. Fluff with a fork, and serve warm.