It would be enough to mention that Risotto alla Milanese or Risotto with Parmesan & Saffron is the mother of all risotos, yet this simple dish adds sophisticated appearance to your family dinner table.
- This dish is suitable for people following low-fat diet.
- It originates from Spain and got spread all over the world with local spices.
- Spanish recipes are rich and full-flavored dishes, closely related to Greek cuisine.
- Unfortunately, risotto cannot be reheated; it will become overcooked and mushy. Instead, if you plan to cook more than one portion, you can cook it until its halfway done, spread it on flat surface or plate and keep it as desired.
- 2 Cups AbuKass rice
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 6 Cups beef or chicken broth
- ½ Saffron threads
- 1 Cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper as desired
- In a large saucepan heat oil and cook onion until golden.
- Add rice and cook it over medium heat for about 2 minutes, pour in 2 cups of broth and saffron. Bring to simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed (stir every once in a while), add another cup of broth and keep stirring occasionally, repeat procedure until the rice is al dente but tender in the middle.
- Add in parmesan cheese. You can add a little more broth to give the risotto almost soupy texture if you like.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining butter.
Serve dish hot or warm, garnish with chopped cilantro