1 kilo sheep meat with bones
8 cups of water
2½ cups of rice (washed)
2 tablespoon margarine
3 onions (cut)
1 cup of yogurt
2 tomatoes (cut)
¾ spoon white pepper
¾ spoon of cumin
¾ spoon ground coriander
¾ spoon curcuma
¾ spoon grind Hill
Couple of full anise
3 garlic cloves
Almond for decoration optional
Red chili for decoration optional
- Boil the water in a big pot then add the meat (remove the foam that comes on the surface).
- Cover the pot and leave it on the stove until the meat is cooked, then remove the meat outside the pot.
- Add the rice to the meat soup and keep it boiling for 10 min. then take the rice out in a different pot and leave it until all the water is dried.
- Add the margarine in a new pot; boil it then put the onions until it turn gold.
- Add the meat on the onion, and then we add the yogurt, tomatoes, spices and garlic; stir them for a while.
- Put the rice on the mix and add some meat soup.
- Leave it for 30 min on the stove or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve it and could be decorated with fried almond or red chili.