This dish is a 10 minute meal in a bowl that gives you all the full-flavor satisfaction of fried rice without loads of grease and salt. It’s a great and delicious Chinese dish that you will surely enjoy!
- 4 cups of Cooked Abukass Rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound peeled, cleaned small shrimp
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage, cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Heat the oil in a very large nonstick skillet or wok over a high heat. Add the scallions, ginger and shrimp and cook stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue cooking until it begins to soften, but is still somewhat crisp, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the shrimp-cabbage mixture to a bowl.
Heat the sesame oil in the same skillet or wok over a medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Add the shrimp-cabbage mixture back to the skillet, stir in the soy sauce and sesame seeds and serve.