Spicy, tasty and delicious. The perfect dish to serve for friends and family. Everyone will certainly appreciate the strong flavors of this Mexican dish. You can serve it with Fajita Chicken or Meat. You can also make this dish when having a lot of leftover rice, as it is easily prepared.
- 4 Cups of Abukass Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound spicy sausage meat
- 1 1/2 cups frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, or more to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the sausage meat, breaking it up into small pieces. When starting to brown, add the frozen corn, onions, bell peppers and jalapenos. Season with the chili powder, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add the cooked rice and stir-fry until heated through and coated with the vegetable mixture. Add the Bbq sauce, hot sauce and lime zest and juice.
Stir-fry until the rice is just starting to brown. Add the scallions and stir well so that they are thoroughly mixed in. Serve and garnish with cilantro.