- An old fashioned desert recipe, favored by kids and teens.
- Cinnamon is a comfort food for adults on a frosty day.
- 1½ Cups AbuKass Rice (Cooked)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Egg whites
- 2 Cups, Well Chopped apples
- ½ Cup Dates
- ¼ Cups Sugar
- ¾ Tbsp. Cinnamon powder
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Coat a 10CM square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, apples, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, rice, dates and sugar, blend together gently. In another small mixing bowl add the egg whites and whisk until you create stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the other mixing bowl, then add all into a large baking dish and sprinkle the cinnamon on top the dish.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour. Pour enough simmering water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
Serve warm or chilled, dusted with cinnamon or garnished with apple wedges. Apple and cinnamon servings are best served during winter with a warm cup of hot chocolate.