This would be a perfect main dish for intimate dinner for two or for a large family gathering. It is also a great choice for friends or relatives who crave really spicy food
- This is an old-style casserole dish that is easy to make.
- Children who dislike apples may find this dish delicious.
- Onion, garlic, apple and raisins add a unique flavor to long grain rice.
- 2 Cups AbuKass rice, cooked
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Oil or butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Apple, peeled cored and diced
- ¼Cup raisins
- Salt and pepper as desired
- In a medium saucepan heat oil, stir in rice, onion, garlic, apple and raisins. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover lid, and simmer for another 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
Serve hot with chili sauce or yogurt