Barbecue rice is an unusual dish made of basic ingredients, which makes it fun to prepare especially when you host vegetarians, and it works in great for huge gatherings with lots of children invited.
- This recipe could be as simple as cooking it in the microwave oven.
- You can use rice left overs whenever you have some.
- You don’t have to follow the exact instructions for this recipe, you can prepare up to your taste.
- 2 Cups AbuKass rice
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ Cup Carrots, shredded
- 1Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon, grated
- Boil water in saucepan then add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender, add in carrot and lemon rind. Put saucepan aside.
- Pour in BBQ sauce, mix well and leave covered for another 5 minutes
You can wait to add the BBQ sauce after pouring rice in serving dish, be careful to add sauce in moderation.