- This half-moon shape sandwich originates from Mexico, and it took its name from the Spanish word for cheese queso.
- Quesadilla is the most favorite style or tortilla recipes, being soft and able to be stuffed with a savory mixture containing cheese and other ingredients.
- 1 Cup of AbuKass Rice, cooked
- 6 flour tortillas, regular or flavored (medium sized)
- ½ Kg Ground Beef, cooked
- 1 can red beans, drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 tbs. tomato paste
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tomato, peeled
- Taco seasoning & Jalapenos as desired
- Black olives, drained and chopped, if desired
- On a flat surface, fill tortillas with beef mixture. Fold the other side over to cover filling. Move quesadillas to hot pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese melts.
- In a large pan, combine rice, beef, beans, onions, cheese, red beans and tomatoes. Mix well to combine for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Coat grill’s griddle with cooking spray or grease, preheat to medium-high.
Serve dish warm with spicy salsa, garnish with tomatoes and cheese.