This main side dish made in Brazil is the way moms teach daughters how to not let it overcook and come out loose and not sticky.
- What makes this rice recipe so different is that it’s fried in oil with onion and garlic before adding water.
- White rice is the main side dish in Brazil just like Chinese and other Asian cuisines.
- 2 Cups AbuKass Rice
- 4 Cups water or chicken broth
- 1 Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- Rinse rice in a colander and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic then cook until golden brown. Add the rice; stir until the rice begins to brown.
- Pour hot water over rice mixture and stir, add salt and pepper. Cover the saucepan, simmer for 20 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
Serve warm or hot, top with minced parsley