- This natural in color dish is a great way to sneak vegetables in for kids and teens.
- Rice combined with cheese and vegetables create a tasty festive side dish
- Cup AbuKass rice
- Cups cold water
- 1 Tbsp. Oil or margarine
- 1 Package Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. Dill weed
- ½ Cup, Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder [optional]
- ¼ Cup, Sliced Jalapenos - canned
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan, stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15minutes and keep the rice warm.
- Meanwhile, stir onion and red pepper in oil or butter until tender, and then add all desired vegetables and dill weed.
- When vegetables are all cooked, gently stir in the sautéed vegetables on rice until all are incorporated and get wonderful confetti texture and taste.
- Top with cheese and cover until cheese is melted.
Serve confetti rice warm with fresh baked garlic bread.