- Originated from Syria this dish is tasty and unique to serve during Ramadan’s iftars.
- Similar to Egyptian Fatta, Syrian Fatta differentiates in many ingredients and few cooking methods.
- Almost every Arabic country has a dish named Fatta, most of them contain chick peas paste mixed with tahini.
- Fatta has been constantly modified to coincide with increasing trends forward healthier cooking
2 cups AbuKass rice
6 boneless chicken breasts, cooked as desired
3 loaves Arabic bread, medium-sized cropped, fried or roasted
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 cups chicken broth
7 packs Yogurt
1 tablespoon tahini
Salt, Pepper and Spices as desired
- Wash rice and soak then cook as usual with salt and spices.
- Boil chicken broth with vinegar and lemon.
- Arrange roasted bread in baking tray then soak with yogurt shake (yogurt mixed with garlic, lemon juice). Add a layer of rice, then chicken. Add layers till quantities finish. Leave the top layer for yogurt.
Serve hot and garnish with roasted mixed nuts, chopped parsley and paprika