No banquet is ever complete without the famous Chicken Kabssa which is considered as the best choice for healthy food amateurs. One of the popular ways to prepare the dish was by stuffing the chicken with meat rice or frikeh (a type of wheat). Nowadays it is easier to prepare the dish with its basic essential ingredients.
4 cups of Abukass Rice
8 cups of chicken broth or water
1 whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, diced
4 tomatoes, diced
Smooth cumin, salt, and black pepper for taste
Fried nuts for decoration
- Put the marinated chicken in the oven tray and cover with tin foil and put it in the oven for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked.
- Heat the oil and then stir in the onions until they become brown, add the tomatoes and carrots until they become reddish in color.
- Pour the broth and boil then add the rice with salt and the desired spices, shut the pot and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until rice sits.
- Move the rice to the serving plate and then fancy fried nuts and serve hot.
- We recommend you season the chicken a day prior to serving.
- If you have any children it is better to serve a boneless chicken.