- Despite this is a popular dish in the eastern region of U.A.E, it is a popular Omani dish par excellence.
- Kabuli is an Ethiopian termthat means “rice seasoned with spices”.
- Kabuli dish could be prepared with meat or chicken, both marinated with spices and saffron, cinnamon and cardamom.
- 3Cups Abukas rice
- 4 Chicken quarters, it is also convenient to use boneless chicken
- 6 cups water
- 3 tbsp. mixed spices Oman
- ½ Kg Chick Peas
- 4 tbsp. raisins soaked with warm water
- 4 tbsp. margarine
- 1teaspoon saffron, soaked in quarter cup of rose water
- 1 onion, minced
- Vegetable oil for stirring, as desired
- Cinnamon sticks, cardamom cloves, cloves, black pepper
- Soak washed rice with little in warm water.
- In cooking pot, put chicken in water with spices and cook until it becomes tender.
- Meanwhile,heat oil and fry onions until golden.
- In cooking pot pour chicken broth and boil, add rice and cook until not completely tender.
- In different pot, put chicken in bottom, add the rice, and pour saffron and rose water mixture, chickpeas and raisins. Close the pot and cook on low heat for twenty minutes.
- In the meantime, fry nuts and raisins in and keep aside.
Serve Kabuli hot, garnish with fried onions, nuts and raisins. You can serve it with yogurt garnished with dried mints.