This sensational dish is originated from Mediterranean countries; it is prepared for a sweet treat for breakfast or for chilly weather snack. While its main ingredients: Cinnamon, rice and apple remains in all recipes, this dish can be made of a number of ways which include raisins, roasted almonds and plain yogurt.
- This delicious recipe is a nice change from traditional rice meals.
- Almost any apple desert contains all the essential vitamins needed to start the day.
- 2 Cups Abukas rice
- 4 Cups apple juice
- 1 Apple, chopped
- ½Cup raisins
- 2Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1Tsp. salt
- In a large saucepan: combine all ingredients together, season with cinnamon and salt. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to simmer until rice is moist enough for your taste.
- Decorate with chopped almonds, serve hot or warm.