Although the Circassian cuisine is highly influenced by the surrounding environment, however it still holds its own touch and special taste.
The Recipe Features:
- This dish is suitable for vegetarians or as a side dish with meat, fish or chicken
- In some Palestinian villages, the same ingredients are used for the preparation of a dish called "Circassian".
- 3 cups of Abukass Rice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 kg chicken clipped to quarters
- 2 onion clipped to quarters
- ½ bunch of parsley
- Coffee beans, cinnamon stick black pepper and laurel leaf for the boiling of the chicken
- 8 slices of toast bread
- 1 head of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander soft
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Wash the rice and soak in warm water for about a quarter of an hour.
- In a large saucepan cook the chicken and let it cook the usual way, when fully cooked remove the chicken and keep the chicken broth hot.
- In another medium saucepan heat the butter and add the rice and toss lightly for two minutes, pour the amount of 4½ cups of chicken broth and let boil, cover the pot and simmer the rice.
- To prepare the Circassian sauce: Cut the toast into medium-sized pieces and put it in a blender with garlic, walnuts, coriander, salt and pepper, while the device is running, add the broth gradually through the aperture to be able to get to the soft textures smooth sauce. Move the mix to a pan and fry on a very low heat until the serving.
Pour the rice in a serving dish, and the slices of boiled chicken and then the hot Circassian sauce. You can decorate with pine and parsley.