Though it’s wide spread in India; you should try the Thai version of it. Coconut rice makes a terrific appetizer with many Western-style main courses.
- This deliciously side dish can be served with a variety of Thai dishes. With some rice and coconut milk this dish will be ready in just 20 minutes.
- It's simple to prepare and has handy ingredients to be cooked anytime.
- 1 Cup AbuKass rice
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- ¼ Cup sugar
- ½ Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, ground
- Sliced almonds for garnish, if desired
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients, stir well and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
Serve hot with stirred curried vegetables, garnish with roasted sliced almonds