This ultimate vegetarian dish is open to your creative interpretation. It’s made with simple and always available list of ingredients: chickpea, onions and rice, along with tahini.
- This dish is suitable for chickpea lovers with an eccentric touch of tahini thick sauce.
- This traditional recipe is an old-style meal spread all over Levant countries.
- Its’ thick texture makes suitable for parties.
- 3 Cups AbuKass rice
- 2 Cups chickpeas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried cilantro or fresh
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix tahini and water until well combined, set aside.
- Brush a medium oven pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil, pour all remaining ingredients, add tahini mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until tahini begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for 5 minute more.
- Serve dish hot with green salad.