This is a healthy twist of the classic creamy soup that originates from northern America during freezing snowy weather.
- This nutritive dish is ideal for seniors.
- Though it’s high in carbohydrates, this dish could contain all the nutrient ingredients needed in a salad plate.
Serves: Family of 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Cup rice
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 3 Cups Turkey (or chicken), cooked and shredded
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cups mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ Cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- ¾ Cup Carrots, chopped
- ¼ Cup Shallots, chopped
- ¼ Cup flour
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- In a large saucepan pour mushrooms, celery, carrots and shallots and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add flour, salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Pour broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and reduce heat, cover and cook until the rice is tender. Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve hot or warm with crunchy bread crumbles.