- Desert truffle is a seasonal Arabian Peninsula plant, that exists also in Egypt and Morocco.Saudi Arabia is the world\'s largest consumer of truffle and the Saudi cuisine masters its cooking in various ways.
- Truffle nurtures after heavy rains in cold weather, and as a result, it resides in the markets for a very short time, therefore house wives save it refrigerated to use it throughout the year and until the following season.
- Truffles has a convenient nutritional value of: 9% of protein - 13% of carbohydrates - 1% fat.
Truffles also contain high amounts of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, vitamin B, as well as many digestive acid enhancers.
- Truffle shells are alternatively used at the treatment of burns, scars and wounds. Its other benefits were narrated by Saheeh Al-Bukhari and Muslim from the ten talks about the benefits of truffles. The most famous one was of Amr Ibn Al-Nofail said: I heard the Prophet peace be upon him says, “\"Truffles are part of manna, and their juice is a healing for the eye.\"”.
- Truffle’s several shapes includes many colors and size types, such as white truffles called Zubaidi and black truffles called Alajabi Aalhoubr.
- Before cooking truffles they should be washed well to remove excess dust caused by its growth in the ground.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA
2 cups AbuKass rice
½ tsp. Saffron soaked in two tablespoons of rose water
1 kg muttons (medium-sized)
8 Cardamom grains
2 Laurel leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
8 black pepper grains
4 Whole dried lemons
6 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
8 truffle pieces
½ cup vegetable oil
Water as needed to cook the rice
For the dish decoration: raisins - toasted pine nuts - chopped and fried onion
- Wash rice and soak in water for 15 minutes, soak the saffron in rose water and set aside.
- Choose two plum shaped onions and cut them into large rings, then chop the rest small.
- Boil the meat in pot with onion rings, add desired spices, cardamom, Laurel leaves, cinnamon, black pepper, dried lemon, salt and tomato sauce. When water boils, remove floating fat and then close pot and leave it for an hour and a half or until the meat is cooked. Then filter meat broth and put meat and onions aside.
- Wash truffles well with cold water, peel and cut into cubes.
- Submerse truffles with water, add two tablespoons of salt and boil truffle until cooked, then drain.
- Fry meat with oil until lightly browned. Fry chopped onions in the same oil until it goldens and then add the truffle and stir until brown.
- Cook the rice in 3 cups of meat broth.
Transfer the rice into a suitable serving platter; add rose water and saffron mixture on top. Arrange meat and truffles around rice.