- A traditional Egyptian dish that tops the list during family gatherings, especially during Eid al-Adha and Aqiqa.
- Fatta is a full of fat dish, even with lower fat adjusted recipes.
3 cups Abukass rice
3 medium-sized Arabic bread
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil or margarine
1 tablespoon vinegar
- Boil meat with spices on low heat until cooked.
- Wash rice and soak in warm water.
- Chop onions and cook brown with oil or ghee, then add tomato sauce, stir mixture on low heat. When well-cooked add 3 cups of gravy.
- Cut bread to medium sized bits and fry gold, or toast in oven for a healthier choice.
- Arrange bread in serving platter, pour meat broth over it, then put a layer of rice, then sauce and rice until you finish all the quantities.
- You can toast meat in oven if desired.
- Arrange meat over Fatta platter, garnish with roasted garlic and pepper mixture or roasted nuts. Serve hot