This full with extra nutrients soup is suitable for winter dinners. A crucial part of preparing it successfully lies in choosing the right kind of rice which gives broth an aromatic flavor.
- This dish is ideal for fish lovers.
- Fish is high in Omega3, selenium & multiple nutrients; it also rich with potent anti-cancer properties.
- This is an easy and delicious recipe that suits cooking for one or for many.
Serves: family of 5 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cup AbuKass rice
- Cups fish fillets (any desired firm white fish)
- 1½ Cups water
- 5 Cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Cup carrots, shredded
- ¼Cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Scallions, finely chopped
- Lemon zest
How to prepare:
- In a medium saucepan combine rice and water; cover and cook until the water is absorbed, for about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- In another medium saucepan bring broth to a simmer then reduce the heat so the broth remains steaming.
- Add fish and cook until fluffy. Remove and break into desired-size chunks.
- In order to serve fish portions equally; divide rice among bowls, top with fish portions, scallions, carrots and mint. Fill the rest of the bowl with warm broth.