Due to being dipped in oil this is a high-calorie dish, but it is also rich in protein, minerals and vitamin b and d.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup warm water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 kg minced meat
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare the dough and roll into small balls about the size of the palm of your hand and dip in oil and leave it in the tray to rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling in a pan the usual way by mixing its ingredients together.
- Rub each piece of dough with a little oil and put a little of the filling, pour a teaspoon of whipped egg and then fold the whole to its half.
- Fry the muttabak pieces in the pan.
- Serve the dish with lemon slices.