This is the most popular dish that we can find almost anywhere at any restaurant! The flavor might be different from one place to the other but the texture of milk and rice is the same. This is why we offer you today the old traditional hot rice pudding that fits these cold winter days!
1 cup of Abukass Rice
5 cups of whole milk
1 cup of regular or cooking cream
Sugar as desired
Soaked raisins, soaked saffron, a little milk and a teaspoon of liquid vanilla (if desired)
For garnish: orange blossom water, cashews, pine nuts, pistachios
- In a deep cooking pot: Pour milk, cream, sugar and saffron soaked with vanilla and Heat over medium heat, stir constantly. When the mixture starts to boil, lower the fire completely and add raisins and let the mixture boil a bit then remove it from the stove.
- Put the mixture aside for half an hour, and in the meantime Soak the washed rice in hot water for half an hour and then boil it until fully cooked.
- Heat the milk mixture again with the boild rice while stirring gently for about ten minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
-You can divide the pudding into several serving dishes and decorate them with nuts.
- You can use leftover rice instead of discarding it.
- This is the perfect dessert for all family members.