Who doesn't enjoy winter foods that gives us warmth and comfort? And who doesn't love indulging in a warm plate with family and friends during a nice gathering?
We give you this popular Egyptian dish which is very easy to prepare!
½ cup rice Abukass
3 cups chicken broth or hot water
1 onion, minced
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup yogurt
Salt and black pepper as desired
- Wash the rice and soak in water for a quarter of an hour, then drain.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and then stir the onions until golden then use half of the amount and leave the other half on the side.
- Add the remaining flour to the onions and stir well, then add the salt, black pepper and chicken broth, then pour yogurt slowly taking into account that you should stir constantly.
- Add the rice and continue stirring until the mixture is well mixed let the pot sit over medium heat until it boils and then lower the fire and let the mixture hold together.
- Move the kechek to a serving dish and decorate it with the remaining quantity of onions and serve warm.
Tips about the dish:
- You can control the amount of milk with rice based on your preference.
- You can make a rice dish cooked separately or mixed with the kechek.