Whether you decided to using fresh or jarred grape leaves, stuffed grape leaves is the perfect sophisticated dish that impresses everyone. It is also quick and easy for new cookers trying out stuffed vegetables cuisine.
- If you were given a choice about grape leaves: go for fresh, as they make the finest little stuffed rolls.
- Though it’s high in carbohydrates, this dish could contain all the nutrient ingredients needed in one meal.
1½ Cups AbuKass Rice
1½ Kg ground beef
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. all spice
½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
Grape leaves, rinsed
½ Cup Olive oil
1 Kg lamb chops
1 Tomato, sliced
½ Cup Lemon juice
¾ Cup water
- In a mixing bowl: combine together rice with all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare grape leaves: Only cut out the large center vein in half vertically.
- Place a small amount of rice and meat mixture at the end of each leaf. Bind the two sides’ then roll up.
- In a large pot; pour oil then lay lamb chops, add tomato slices over the chops.
- Lay stuffed grape leaves on top of the tomatoes. Pack them tightly then begin a second layer.
- Pour lemon juice over; add water to the pot (about 5 cm above the rolled leaves).
- Place a heavy plate on top with its face down to prevent the leaves from unrolling during cooking.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 hours.
Invert the entire pot into a large platter with sides. Serve with lemon wedges and Arabic bread