If you happened to spend some time in Napoli or in Italy in general, chances are you've came across fruits flavored rice cake. It's easy to prepare and chances are you can ask your children to help you to prepare it. This dessert stands for fruits and natural food lovers.
-This old recipe is one of Italy’s most original desserts.
-It's simple to prepare and has handy ingredients to be baked anytime.
-the rice cake could be topped with strawberry sauce or sweetened blueberries or mangoes.
-You can be as much creative as you want to substitute ingredients: cream instead of milk and vice versa.
- 1CupAbuKass rice, cooked
- ¾Cups Self Raising Flour
- 3Cups water
- 1tbsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup currants (dried apricots)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Milk to soak fruits
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Start by preheating oven to 200 ° C.
- Soak fruits in milk.
- Beat eggs for 2 minutes then add dry ingredients (except flour) and lemon zest.
- Slowly pour in margarine then water.
- Finally add flour, then transfer mix to oven pan and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
Serve cold with sweetened fruits sauce and whipped cream.