- This way of cooking lentils goes well to children and teenagers.
- Lentil puree is served with green salads.
- This rich with nutritive grains dish is a traditional and ancient meal.
- ¼ Cup AbuKass rice
- 2 Cups red lentils
- 3½ Cups water
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt & pepper as desired
- Olive oil
1. In medium pot, fry onion slices for 5 minutes.
2. Add Cumin, salt and pepper then pour washed lentils.
3. Add water to lentil mixture, keep pot on medium fire until it starts boiling then add rice.
4. Cook for another 30 minutes or until puree becomes well combined.
(Some chefs prefer to boil lentils then process them in blender to get a perfect puree)
Pour in serving dish, highly recommended to be served with green salad.