This rich in vitamins and minerals soup is ideal for Ramadan meals, it is called “AcholiKlamkr”, a popular meal spread in the northern regions of Iran.
- 2 Cups Abukas rice
- ½ Kg meat, cubes
- ¼ bag frozen Peas
- ¼ bag frozen beans
- 4 tbsp. lentils
- ¼ Cup of parsley
- ¼ Cup of dill
- ¼ Cup of Spinach
- ¼ Cup of coriander
- 2 green onions, medium-sized
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Black pepper and salt as desired
- Vegetable oil and water as desired
- Soak the lentils, peas, and beans in warm water for 5 hours.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry onions until golden, then add the meat and stir until brown
- Add lentils, peas and beans then turmeric and spices and stir together
- Pour water into the mixture and cook over low heat for about an hour.
- Add the washed rice into the mixture.
- Mince parsley, coriander, dill, spinach and green onions, then add them to the saucepan (15 min after pouring the rice with the meat), you can add water if necessary.
- Serve the soup hot (you can use the blender to make it softer if desired)
Serve hot, garnish with parsley