- Although it is well known in Bahrain, chicken/ fish majboos is prevalent among all gulf countries.
- This dish features a delicious fragrant.
- Majboos is served with fish or chicken dishes
2 cups AbuKass rice
4 cups water to cook rice
4 Cardamom grains
½ teaspoon saffron
¼ cup rose water
2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
¼ cup Chick Peas
Eggplant as desired
Raisins as desired
- Wash and soak rice in warm water.
- Heat sugar in non-stick pan and toast it brown over low heat, then add water, cardamom, saffron, rose water and chopped tomatoes.
- Finally mix rice softly with prepared sugar and tomato paste in non-stick oven pan, cover and allow it to cook for 30 minutes or as needed.
- Meanwhile, deep fry eggplants slices and onion rings.
Put the rice mix in serving platter, and place eggplants and fish or chicken on top. Garnish it with the toasted nuts with a little chopped parsley.