Are you tired of preparing the same traditional dishes for your family? How about you make a traditional dish in a new way, rather than prepare exotic dishes that you never tasted before?
The recipe features:
- This dish is one of the oldest recipes served in many occasions.
- The eggplant and Venus are the key components of the makloube.
- You can replace the chicken pieces with meat pieces.
- 3 cups of Abukass rice
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 eggplant, thick slices
- 1 flower head chopped
- 2 potatoes, cut thick slices
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Fried nuts for garnish
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a deep saucepan cook the chicken as usual, take it out of of gravy, filter the marinade and add the spices, cinnamon, pepper and salt.
- Fry the eggplant slices until it becomes golden, and then the flower and potatoes and onions.
- Wash and soak the rice in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the oven tray and scatter a bit of the little fried onions, chicken pieces and eggplant, cauliflower, potatoes and peppers, then more of the fried onions.
- Add the chicken fried rice and vegetable mixture, Pour gravy with the same amount of rice in the pot, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
-Put the tray in the oven for an hour until the rice and all components are cooked.
Flip over the tray in a serving dish and serve hot. You can serve it with either yoghurt or salad.