This salad highlights many healthy and fresh flavors of the Mediterranean cuisine and is at its best when made with seasonal vegetables.
- This rich with nutritive ingredients dish is a traditional and common meal.
- Orzo or risoni is a form of Italian pasta that looks like a large grain of rice. Orzo can be served alone as a soup or as part of other additions just like the ordinary pasta.
- This dish is perfect to serve children and teenagers.
- ¼ Cup AbuKass rice
- 2 Cups orzo pasta
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- ⅓ Cup olives, chopped and pitted
- ¼ Cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ Cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- ¼ Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey mustard sauce
- 2 Cups feta cheese
- Salt & pepper as desired
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions or as usual. Drain and rinse under cold water and keep aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey mustard, oregano, salt and pepper, mix well. Add cheese, dried tomatoes, olives, parsley and onion, mix gently.
- Add orzo; stir to combine without mushing the pasta.
Garnish with chopped parsley. You can leave lemon sauce aside to be added as desired