- This candid dish hides nothing under its flashing name, originating from Mexico and offers “fire” depending on your taste for spiciness.
- It’s a fast and prosperous side dish for a quick fix meal.
- 1½ Cups AbuKass rice
- 2½ Cups cold water
- ½ Kg Spicy sausages, ground
- 2 Cups Hot Sauce or as desired
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Sliced Jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese- Shredded
- ¼ Cup Green Onions- Chopped
- Salt and Pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Boil water in a large saucepan then stir in rice for 2 minutes. Reduce heat, Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- In a medium size baking dish mix in the cooked rice, spicy sausage, hot sauce and sour cream.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and fresh ripe jalapenos on top, put in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm with tortillas chips or traditional Mexican corn bread.