This is a traditional recipe used to prepare a cozy family dinner or meal gathering. It’s flexible as you can add and omit its ingredients. Moroccan Kabab or meatballs has a delicious aroma with seasoned flavor.
- This easy Moroccan dish can be prepared with simplest ingredients.
- Meatballs could be prepared ahead of time and left in the fridge until you decide to cook it.
- Instead of using Moroccan spices to add to ground beef, you can adjust the seasonings to your own family's preferences.
- 2 Cups AbuKass rice
- ½ Kg ground beef
- ½ tbsp. Turmeric
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- ½ Cup oil or margarine
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- ¾ tbsp. saffron threads, soaked
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 1 Cup water
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- In a bowl mix ground beef with the cumin, paprika, salt & pepper. Shape into golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Deep fry balls in a large pan that has a lid. Keep aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil then add onions and garlic and stir for 5 minutes or until mixture begin to soften. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides.
- Push the meatballs to the sides of the pan, pour 1 cup of uncooked rice to the middle of the pan, and pour in parsley, saffron, and turmeric.
- Add the beef broth and water and simmer over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and cook for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Halfway through cooking, add vinegar if desired.
Pour rice and meatballs in a large platter and serve hot, garnish with chopped celery.