Rice with colored onions is a great side dish to be served with seafood. It’s also perfect for winter days.
- This delicious recipe is served in Latin America.
- You can substitute ingredients as desired, for instance cilantro instead of spring onions. You can add chicken strips though it’s genuinely vegetarian dish.
- Onion rice is best served with meaty fishes such as Hamor.
2 Cup AbuKass rice
4 Cup water
¼ Cup oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Baby corn, beans, carrots or peppers (optional)
Salt as desired
- Heat oil in pan; pour onions, garlic and rice. Add hot water and salt, bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add vegetables if desired, then cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir one time gently and cover again. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve warm, garnish with spring onions