Quinoa is one of the pulses that have become very famous recently because of their very small amount of carbohydrates and their high quantity of proteins and dietary fiber. It is a great alternative for wheat especially for those who suffer from gluten allergy, it also protects against heart disease and cancer tumors and works to burn excess fat in your body in addition to a number of health benefits.
- 1 cup of Abukass rice boiled
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ chopped coriander
- Avocado, lemon juice, salt and black as per taste
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and stir the onions, peppers and garlic and fry them all together until they become golden in color. Once they turn golden, add the washed quinoa and stir for two minutes with cumin, salt and black pepper and leave to simmer on the stove such as you do with rice.
- Remove the pan from the stove and put the mixture aside to cool down.
- In a serving dish prepare the quinoa and rice mixture, then add the cold ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, avocados and tomato and serve the dish cold
- You can replace the usual buckweat in recipes with Quinoa and cook it the same way.
- Quinoa is a great alternative for a diet rich in protein. In addition to being free of fat it has a delicious taste and can be used as a substitute for bread and pasta .