- This dish could be served alone for vegetarians or as side dish with almost any meat, such as fish, steaks and chicken.
- In some French villages this dish is baked in oven, while others bake it inside dough.
- 1½ Cups AbuKass Rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. oil or butter
- 1 can mushrooms
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups water
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- Thyme leaves as desired
- In medium sized skillet, pour rice and stir until golden or for about 5 minutes then move into a casserole dish.
- Add two tablespoons of oil or margarine to the same skillet then add onion and stir for 3 minutes and finally add mushrooms and celery, cook until tender.
- Pour mushrooms mixture over rice, add boiling water, cover and cook until rice is tender.
Serve warm or hot, garnish with chopped celery.