- This Asian originated dish has moved to the Arabian cuisine long time ago.
- This dish is simple but at the same type rich in flavors, especially if grated ginger or dried mint are added.
2 cups Abukass rice
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cups water or chicken broth
6 fresh mushrooms sliced lengthwise
2 green onions
Salt and black pepper as desired
- Wash rice and soak with salt for half an hour.
- In skillet, fry onion and garlic, add mushrooms and stir until gold.
- Add water, rice, salt and spices. Boil water.
- Cover pan and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Serve hot, decorate with minced parsley