Every mother tries to encourage her children to eat their share of vegetables in various ways to give them the proper growth requirements. We offer you this dish, which will help your provide them with all vegetables they don't usually like to eat in a mix of delicious and healthy flavors.
½ cup of Abukass rice
5 cups of water or broth
1 carrot, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
¼ chopped parsley
Cumin, lemon zest, salt and black pepper for taste.
- In a cooker pour the water with the rice and carrots and zucchini, garlic, tomatoes, and let the mixture boil then cover the pan and leave on low heat for a quarter of an hour. (You can mash the soup in a blender or keep them as they are).
- In the meantime, heat the oil and stir the onions until they become golden and add it to the rice mixture with black pepper, salt and cumin.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley, cover the pan for 10 minutes, then serve it.
- You can prepare this soup for your children under one year taking into account not add a lot of salt and spices.
- If you have leftover rice, this dish is ideal for it.