- This is a popular dish during the festive season of Ramadan.
- It originates from the traditional Turkish cuisine.
- Though it is a typical vegetarian soup, it could be cooked with chicken broth and minced muttons if desired.
¼ cup AbuKass rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, chopped in cubes
½ cup green peas
½ pumpkin, cubes
2 zucchini, cubes
1 onion, chopped
½ cup corn
10 cups water or chicken broth
1 cup mushroom, chopped
Salt and pepper, spices as desired
- In a large saucepan add olive oil and vegetables, stir and cook gold, then add rice and water until it warms a bit. Add salt and spices.
- Cover pot and simmer on low heat for half an hour as a maximum.
Serve soup hot, sprinkle with French baguette or garlic bread