- This is delicious vegetarian dish that can be served with meat if desired.
- Different types of vegetables can be added according to personal choice.
-Bechamel dishes are children’s and adolescents’ favorite.
- This dish is rich in carbohydrates, so it should be consumed consciously by diabetics.
- It’s an easy to prepare dish that can be processed ahead of many days and kept in the refrigerator.
1 cup AbuKass rice
2 cups chopped chicken (as desired)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon vinegar, mustard and lemon juice mixture
¼ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 medium-sized eggplant or peppers or sweet pea
½ 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Water to cook rice
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 chicken broth stock
3 cups water
6 tablespoons milk powder
How to prepare béchamel sauce:
Fry flour in a non-stick saucepan with butter, add water and stir, then add milk and keep on stirring till the mixture becomes coherent.
How to prepare:
- Boil rice until well-cooked and put aside.
- In a pan cook the onion and garlic brown, then add chosen vegetables and spices.
- Put chicken, onion and garlic in the oven tray and season with vinegar, mustard, lemon, black pepper, salt, and cook in oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Deep fry eggplants and tomato slices and keep aside.
- Finally, mix Bechamel sauce with rice softly, and pour over the eggplant and chosen vegetables. Add mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
Garnish with parsley leaves or oregano.