Rice cheese cake is an ideal dish for parties and curious children; this eye satisfying plate keeps all family members interested no matter what their ages are. Though some people prefer having this dish at dinner, rice cheese cake falls into the quick and easy category for working moms.
- Given its varied ingredients rice cheese cake is suitable any time of the day, main or side dish.
- Its’ rice basic ingredient is what makes it full of carbohydrates and nutrient minerals.
Serves: family of 4 persons
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Cup AbuKass rice
- 3 Cups water
- 4 Tsp. Olive oil
- 6 Shallots, chopped
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- ½ Cup Pecans, toasted
- ⅓ Cup goat cheese
- 1 Egg white
- ½ Tsp. Oregano
- ½ Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Ground pepper
- Salt & Pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In in a medium saucepan bring rice and water to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and let aside and covered.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrots; reduce the heat to low and cook until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Move the rice and cooked vegetables to a large food processor. Add pecans, goat cheese, egg white, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture is coarse. Transfer into a large bowl. Form the mixture into patties (keep your hands wet).
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until well browned.
- Transfer patties to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Serve hot or warm, garnish with chopped parsley