- A traditional dish that can be prepared vegetarian or with meat.
- Mashed potatoes used in this dish are healthier than many fried recipes.
- 1 cup Abukas rice
- 2 large potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and spices as desired
- ¼ Kg minced meat
- 2 large minced onion
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Chopped green coriander as desired
- Raisins as desired
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Peel potatoes, cut to cubes and boil until medium done, be careful they don’t become soft as they are boiled only facilitate the formation of kibbeh.
- Meanwhile, wash and soak rice in warm water, during the last 5 minutes of boiling potatoes add rice until medium done.
- Move potatoes and rice mixture into a colander to cool, add spices, salt and pepper, and mash until you get a smooth paste. Leave it aside.
- To prepare the stuffing heat oil and add onions until tender, add meat and stir until tender. Finally place pot away, pourspices, coriander and raisins.
- Start filling kibbehin oval shapes, put in fridge for half an hour so it doesn’t disintegrate during frying.
- Deep fry in pan, stir gently until golden.
Served as side dish with other Levant dishes