There is no rich dish in vegetable protein and fortified with iron and magnesium such as rice lentil which you can rarely find someone that doesnt like it. It is a rich meal that promotes energy and activity, and loved by children.
The Recipe Features
- This dish is perfect for children and the elderly.
- Lentils contains a high proportion of vitamins and magnesium and many nutrients as it is also rich in fiber.
- This dish fits all occasions and it is easy and fun to prepare.
2 cups of Abukass Rice boiled
2 cups red lentils boiled
4 cups water
2 tomatoes or 4 teaspoons of tomato paste
¼ bunch parsley, chopped
1 hot green pepper
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 carrot, boiled
1 potato, boiled
Turmeric, seeders, cumin for taste
Salt and black pepper for taste
- In a medium pot, start by heating a little oil and turn the onion until tender and add the chopped tomatoes and toss them over until they melt then add the parsley, garlic, chili pepper, tomato paste, carrots, potatoes, spices, Toss them all together for five minutes.
- Pour two cups of water and let the mixture harmonize for five minutes and then add the lentils, stirring gently so the mixture does not stick.
- Add rice and toss continuously until it ressembles a porridge or fava beans.
Serve the lentils hot with pita bread