This perfect pilaf dish doesn’t need stove top; all you have to do is combine ingredients and cook it with a rice cooker. It is also quick and easy for 30 minutes meals and it goes perfect with spiced chicken or chicken Tikka because it rich with spices.
- This not traditional Iranian dish is delicious and contents the essence of that cuisine.
- As mentioned it’s a fabulous companion to oriental chicken recipes. But it can be served with grilled or roast lamb too.
2 Cups AbuKass rice
4 Cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. coriander, ground
1 Cup Onions, finely chopped
¼ Cup butter or margarine
½ Tbsp. Turmeric
6 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
6 Tbsp. golden raisins, soaked in boiling water for 1 minute and drained
Salt & Pepper as desired
- In saucepan cook onions with salt and pepper and turmeric, stir for one minute then add coriander and butter. Cook until the onion is softened.
- Add in rice and stir to coat with onion mixture, pour in the broth and bring to a boil and simmer, covered until rice is tender. Or you can use rice cooker.
- In medium pan, heat 6 Tbsp. oil and roast pine nuts until golden and add raisins, add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or hot, garnish with coriander.