- Rice pudding dish is as old as rice and found in nearly every area of the world.
- Though preparations methods and added ingredients differ, milk is a regular companion to rice pudding.
- There is a Dutch folklore myth that believes that rice pudding is the meal of people who go to heaven, and it is eaten out with a golden spoon
- Rice pudding was mentioned frequently in literature of the Edwardian and Victorian eras.
- There are hundreds of rice pudding recipes that you can choose from according to your preferences.
1 cup AbuKass rice
3 eggs, beaten
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
2 cups milk
1 cup raisins
½ tbsp. ground nutmeg
Cinnamon if desired
Water if needed
Note: Raisins can be replaced with dates or sweetened apricots as desired.
- Wash then boil rice while stirring often, reduce heat and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes.
- In a deep bowl, whisk eggs and then add milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well, and then blend in rice and raisins. Pour into a 15x40cm baking dish and bake for 30 minutes without covering.
- It’s recommended that you observe oven constantly.
Put in serving platter and sprinkle with nutmeg