Rice puddings are included in any international cuisine and in spite of the differences in flavor, the main ingredients remain milk and rice. This dessert is rich in protein and vitamins and many other health benefits for you and your family.
1 cup of Abukass rice boiled
2 cups water
2 cups milk
2 tbsp rose water
1 teaspoon crushed cardamon
1 teaspoon saffron
Sugar as needed
Crushed pistachios for garnish
- In a medium saucepan pour the water with rice and sugar and cook over medium heat, stir continuously until the water boils and consists a thick mixture.
- Mix in a bowl milk and rose water and cardamom, saffron and then pour over the rice mixture, and continue to stir until it all become one mixture.
- Pour the mixture in small bowls and put it in the fridge once they cool down.
- Add pistachio ornaments to the bowl before serving.
- You can add whatever you wish to the rice pudding especially raisins.
- Milk is ideal for children because it is so rich in protein.