Asparagus rice and lemon is inspired by Latin dishes and spreads and is presented with the main dishes of meat or chicken. You can cook both components separately and then combine them, or it can be placed in a bowl and cooked over low heat for a period of forty-five minutes. It is an ideal dish for large banquets.
The Recipe Features:
- This traditional dish dates back to a long time when cooking on the stove was on hot coals.
- Latin cuisine reflects the significant impact of the culinary traditions in immigrant cultures of various races of the world.
- 4 cups of Abukass rice
- 4 boneless chicken pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 4 tbsp oil or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper for taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and stir the onions and chicken until they become golden.
- Add the asparagus, garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, cumin, tomato paste and mix and stir for 2 minutes.
- Melt the milk in the water or broth and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Add the cream and shut the pot and let the chicken cook over medium heat for half an hour.
- Put the washed rice, butter and lemon zest over the chicken and rice and let cook over low heat.
Pour the mixture into a serving plate with a spray of chopped coriander.