Today we give you an easy rich meal to prepare for your family at any big banquet.
3 cups of Abukass rice
6 cups warm water or broth
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 kg peeled and cleaned shrimp
1 red bell pepper cut into thin slices
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger green
1 onion chopped
½ clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp rose water
1 teaspoon saffron (soaked in a quarter cup of rose water)
½ cup ketchup sauce
1 teaspoon soft cardamom
1 teaspoon dry mint
Salt and Black Pepper for taste
- Wash the rice as usual, then soak in warm water.
- In a cooker boil the water with salt and black pepper and a little oil, when the water boils, add the rice and leave it over high heat for 10 minutes then drain the water.
- In a deep saucepan heat the oil and stir the onions until they become golden, add the garlic and ginger and shrimp, then stir the mixture.
Add the remaining ingredients: pepper, tomato, ketchup, salt, black pepper, cardamom, mint and parsley. Stir from time to time until the sauce comes together.
- Pour the rice mixture over the shrimp mixture and then sprinkle with saffron and rose water, cover the pot and let the broth cook over low heat until the rice is cooked.
- You can add finely chopped carrots and any type of vegetables you may like.